Monday, August 30, 2010

August 30, 2010

This is the last night in The Park Inn. This is hopefully the last time I will have to spend 16 nights in a row at a hotel. 

Anyway, my team lost on Thursday, 4-0. It was the same team from the first game, but they were noticeably bigger and faster. The word was that they dropped a handful of players from their men's team. It didn't help that we didn't played well at all and we were missing 3 of our best players- they were playing in our own men's game. 

We also lost our game against Trangsund on Sunday, 5-4. We were fully loaded and we played pretty well for the first two periods. We led 4-2 going in to the third period, and felt no pressure from the other team. We should have felt a little pressure because after a couple defensive mishaps, the score was 4-4 with about 10 minutes left. Another defensive mistake at the 6 minute mark led to the game winning goal. There was a big scrum in front and our goalie didn't cover, and one of their players put it away. After the game, we were all hanging our heads. Our coach came in and gave what seemed to be a motivational speech, but I couldn't tell you what he actually said because I didn't understand one word. 

However, there were two funny parts of that game. My defensive partner, Sebastian, said to me early on in the game, "You go ahead and rush the puck, I have your back. I know you are going to score today, I have a seventh sense." I knew what he meant. 

After I got an assist on the first goal, Sebastian said to me on the bench, "Did you get the ass?" After I asked him to repeat himself a few times, I finally understood what he meant. He just wanted to make sure that I got the assist.

We have an away game tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Al, great post. Love the language barrier confusion. Hope that last night actually was your final night in the hotel. xoxo

    ReplyDelete