Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

From Friday afternoon until Tuesday morning, I stayed with my teammate, Robin. He lives in Tyreso Strand, which is a 40 minute drive southeast of the city. His house is in the woods and overlooks the Baltic Sea. I slept in Robin's old room, which was nice. Robin's grandmother was also staying at the house, which was pretty interesting. Her english was surprisingly sufficient. On Saturday, Robin and his parents went to a wedding in the city, so I was alone at the house all day. It was hard to keep myself busy, but the day eventually ended. On Sunday, I had a home game against a team from the west coast of Sweden. They were probably the weakest team we have played so far. However, they were feisty and a couple fights erupted. We won 5-2 (EN).


I met Sean and Johan (Sean's teammate) in the city on Monday afternoon. The men's team played in a weekend tournament three hours away. They won both games. After lunch, we went to Johan's apartment in Medborgarplatsen. Johan has a one bedroom studio and it is tiny, but its in a great location. Sean and I can really appreciate how lucky Johan is to have this apartment, because after 24 days, we still are homeless. We are back in a hotel- this time we're in the Rica Hotel in the city. We looked at an apartment today near the Globe with Sean's manager, Tony, who is a character. It was in a dreary complex and it did not have a working bathroom. Yet, Sean and I were seriously considering taking it because at this point, we'll take anything that we can get. We told the landlord that we will give him an answer by the end of the week. Tomorrow, we're looking at three apartments in Sodermalm, which is a district in the city. Sean and I are hopeful that we can move in tomorrow and finally unpack our bags.


My parents are coming on Friday which will be great. My next game is on September 19th.

1 comment:

  1. Allie, so glad that you are actually seeing apts and coming closer to not being homeless. Though Thatcher disagrees with me, I do think you need a working bathroom! Hope the hunt tomorrow goes well.
    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete