Sunday, October 3, 2010

October 3, 2010

We had our first regular season home game last night against Vallentuna. Our team played really well from start to finish. We were up 1-0 after the first, 2-0 after the second, and finished 4-0. Vallentuna was not that strong, but they had some good scoring chances. Our coach was pleased with our performance after the game. 

After the game last night, I was on my home and I realized once I was on my street that I didn't have my wallet. I remembered taking out my metro card to get into the subway in Slussen. I asked the man at the ticket window in Medborgaplatsen, my stop, how I could call and report a lost wallet on the subway, but he couldn't speak English and just told me to move along. I got back on the subway and went back to Slussen. I retraced all my steps, expecting to see it on the ground somewhere, but I had no luck. My last hope was that someone had picked it up and given it to the man at the ticket window in Slussen. Sure enough, he had it and gave it to me. 

Logan Miller from Alaska arrived on Friday. He is staying with our teammate, Johan Granqvist. He couldn't play in the game last night because of migration issues, but he is going to play in our game tomorrow night against Trangsund. 

I start school tomorrow at Folk University, which I'm excited about. I got the two books I need a few days ago at a book store in the north part of the city. Classes are around two hours a day for two days a week. 


1 comment:

  1. good post al. so glad that the wallet incident had a happy ending. can't wait to see you!xxo

    ReplyDelete