Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010

It is my day off today, and I am headed to Sean's game tonight. Sean's team has been struggling as of late, so it should be exciting to see if they can get a win. Our team got a good win on Friday. We won 7-3 and the whole team played well. One of our top forwards, Nicholas Magnusson, did not play in the game and will be out for a month with a foot injury. I played well, and finished +2.

I went out with Logan and a couple guys on the team on Saturday night. The night scene in Stockholm is like nothing I have ever seen before. That may be because I am not legally allowed to go to bars in America, but I imagine that its different in Sweden. The bar we went to had a younger crowd than the places I have gone with Sean previously. The music is really loud and consists of mostly house music and techno. My teammates spent most of their time losing their money on the blackjack table, which was funny to watch.

The days are getting shorter and colder. Daylight savings is on Saturday, which should make everything that much more extreme. I just received news yesterday that my cousin Philip is coming to Stockholm at the end of November after Sean's dad and uncles leave. It will be great to see familiar faces.

4 comments:

  1. Al,you are so trendy! Great that Philip is coming to visit-you guys will have a lot of fun. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Al-
    Great post...teach us how to something in Swedish.
    Miss you and love hearing you describe what you are doing.
    xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. fine update. love the mix of cultural observations and hockey. keep 'em coming. mabon

    ReplyDelete
  4. allie,

    i'm sure you and philip will have a great time. he's lucky to have you there to show him around. stay warm. uncle philip

    ReplyDelete