Sunday, November 21, 2010

November 21, 2010

We won our game today 6-2 at Vasby. The team played relatively well as a whole. Our record so far is 7-4-1. I finished +2 in the game.

Last Saturday we had an away game at Nykoping. They have more points in the series than we do so it was an important game to win. With about 10 minutes left in the 1st period, one of our forwards tipped my shot from the point into the goal. After celebrating and getting onto our bench, the referee came over with the roster and asked our coach where number 7 (my number) was on it. I was nowhere to be found on the roster, so the goal was disallowed and I was unfortunately not allowed to play in the rest of the game. While I was getting undressed in the locker room, my defensive partner came in cursing in Swedish. He scored a goal 5 minutes after my disallowed goal, but his name was also not on the roster, so his goal was disallowed and he was not allowed to play either. My confusion and anger was only temporary, for we won the game 6-1.



On Thursday night, we had our most exciting and crazy night in Sweden. I was getting ready for bed in my room and Sean was on the couch watching TV. I heard Sean say to me, "Hey Allie, come look at this." Then, all of sudden he yelled, "Hey!" About a minute later, Sean came into my room out of breath and said, "Two people just tried breaking into our apartment." When he was on the couch, he saw the door handle turn and the door slowly opened. When he saw a shadow through the crack, he yelled, "Hey!" The people then ran down the stairs and Sean chased them downstairs. He saw what the people looked like when they ran out of the building. So, Sean and I went outside looking for the people. When Sean saw them down the street, we approached them. It was a Middle Eastern man carrying a black bag and a young Swedish woman carrying a brown bag. They said that they thought our apartment was empty. They admitted that they were looking for a place to stash drugs. When we told them we were calling the police, they started walking away. As we were telling the police what happened and where we were on the phone, we were following the man and the woman. The police caught up with us right near a cemetery. We told them that we lost them, so they sped off looking for them. As we were walking through the cemetery, Sean saw them walking out of it. We heard the police cars approaching us, so we flagged them down and told them where they were. After the police got the full report from us, we were able to go back home. Sean and I both felt like we just accomplished something big as we walked away. I wonder what would have happened if were sleeping when they tried to break in. 


Sean's dad arrived this morning. We are going to watch Sean's game at Nykoping this afternoon. 


I have a home game tomorrow night. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Allie--you and Sean are following in the footsteps of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" books! You must have been scared--I would have been. Don't you keep your door locked!!!! It sounds like your hockey team is really strong, and you are right in there--but now I guess you ned to make sure your name is on the roster! We'll miss you mucho at Thanksgiving, but Christmas is just around the corner. Much love, Poppy

    ReplyDelete